Stock Management Systems, Kanban and Inventory Management Services are the different names you may hear for the same type of service. What these services provide is a way of assisting production by delivering fasteners & category C components directly onto the shop floor/ production area. With various racking systems available, these can be placed strategically at multiple locations to improve productivity. Once installed, the stock replenishment process manages itself with minimal management required by the customer because Staytite manages it for you, driven by the demands of production.
A dedicated Kanban inventory management system from Staytite is a proven cost effective solution that is currently in use with some of the UK's best known companies. We work with customers to identify usages and bin requirements to ensure correct stock levels are always available, following "lean" principals.
For many years Staytite has been implementing Kanban systems to the benefit of its customers. Installation of our racks and storage solutions is planned to achieve minimal disruption to the shop floor. Switching to our tailor made system may be easier than you think, immediately improving the effectiveness of your work-flow.
How it works
2 Bin Kanban system explained*:
- 2 Bins are placed together, one in front of the other, working in conjunction to provide the same part. (The amount of bins will be multiplied by the number of different parts that are required by the shop floor.)
- Shop floor users are free to pick the parts from bins whenever and wherever they are needed without having to make any stock requests that may slow production.
- When the contents of the front bin have been depleted by the users, the bins will switch position and the items are then picked from the (reserve) rear bin which has now become the front bin.
- These movements are monitored by our Kanban operatives who will then automatically order more parts to be delivered to the depleted bin.** Replenishment of this bin will ensure reserves of the part are ready for when the switched bin is depleted again.
- This on-going process ensures that your shop floor is always stocked with just the right amount of parts eliminating the need for our customers to manage and administer their stock.
*Bins containing customer parts are usually accessed via racking or shelved trollies which can be placed for maximum efficiency and convenience. Other systems are available depending on your specific requirements.
** Regular site visits by our operatives are arranged and agreed prior to the commencement of the inventory management system begins. Regular reviews are held to ensure that the optimum levels of stock are held on site to avoid any potential disruption to the customer’s production line.
As part of the service, we have an experienced technical team and applications engineers that are more than happy to help with any fastener related issues. This will ensure your business will get the most out of our inventory management service and to ensure it is a cost effective solution.
Benefits of our Inventory Management Service include:
- Reduced stock holding
- Less financial exposure
- Batch traceability
- Reduced administration
- Usage reports
- Fixed prices
- Agreed bin quantities
- Rack systems designed for purpose
- Reduces waste
- Demand driven
- Supplier reduction
As part of a Supplier Reduction Program Staytite is able to provide a diverse range of products and C-class items as part or in conjunction with your Kanban. Whatever your need, our aim is always to surpass what is expected from a 'Nuts & Bolts' company, with our expanded purchasing team Staytite has sourced and supplied common and bespoke items from paper towels to windscreen wipers for trains!
We can also arrange an on-site visit by one of our experienced sales team. These visits are usually supported by our applications engineer to discuss any fastener requirements in more detail.